Sunday, January 15, 2012

Enjoying Redding's Beauty...

We went on a walk on the Lema Ranch trail while we were in Redding. It is one of my favorite spots there. I love the willow and oak trees and the ponds. When we lived there during Matts academy I would take Mazz in on walks there several times a week after dropping the older kids off at school.
The kids walked the whole two miles and complained for the last mile. Mazz ended up needing to becarried quite a bit. At one point the kids were falling so far behind that my parents and I decided to hide from the to see what they would do. Mazzi started running the opposite direction, Ashton began to run ahead to try to find us. Tera said, "What about Mazzi?" There end conclusion was that Tera would stay with Mazzi while Ashton went to find us. It was cute overhearing their conversation as we hid on the ground. At this point we popped up and started laughing. They thought we were very rude, but I think they deserved it!

The highlight of our Sunday walk was picking cattails and pulling them apart. The kids were fascinated by them, and called them hot dog plants. They actually do look more like hot dogs then cat tails. My mom was also fascinated with how they came apart and got in on the fun with the kids.















No comments:

Post a Comment