Monday, December 19, 2011

Ready for Christmas!






I know that Christmas is not about having a big list of things to do that you can check off, but is about thinking of our Savior and trying to make our lives more like His. However, I do appreciate everything about Christmas; including the lists of things to do. I love getting presents for the people I love most. I love seeing the Christmas trees up and twinkling lights on everyone's houses. I love sending out and receiving Christmas cards. I love the extra time for family activities, wrapping presents with my kids and seeing what they pick out for everyone at the dollar store. I love setting out the nativities I collect. My latest, and most favorite nativity ever was made by Ashton and Tera this year on scraps of wood. They colored the nativity on each peice and wrote "The Jeses (Jesus)store" (story) on top. Then they had "The mom, the dad, dokey (donkey), shep (sheep), 1 wisemen, 2 wisemen." I still tear up each time I look at it. It is the sweetest gift I have ever received.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and that the to do list isn't a distraction, but is something that enables us to bring in the spirit of Christmas; the spirit of Christ, through showing love for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment