Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ashtons baptism






Ashton was baptized with his best buddy, Kade, on December 10, 2011. It was a very nice day and I felt the spirit strongly as he was baptized and confirmed with the Holy Ghost. It is odd to have a child old enough to be baptized and to be accountable for his actions. I have faith that Ashton will make good choices and that the Holy Ghost will help him do so.

He was very nervous about his baptism interview. When the bishop jokingly asked him if had had committed any crimes, like robbing banks, Ashton said, "No, but my mom has."
Before he was baptized he felt it important to tell me one thing. "Sometimes when you pack me a lunch I don't like and they are having my favorite (orange chicken) I throw your lunch away and get hot lunch." He felt much better to have that off his chest before entering the waters of baptism. And it finally made sense why he had a negative balance in his lunch account!

I love you Ashton! You will always be my ever so sweet, slightly mischievousness, thoughtful, creative, fun-loving boy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. you really need to stop robbing those banks Kyra ha ha....he is a good kid :>)

    ReplyDelete