Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Rhino the Spider

The other day I woke up to the sound of hysterical crying outside our bedroom window at 5 am. I jumped out of bed and ran outside to find Ashton in tears over his spider, Rhino, whom he had caught the previous day, and whom Mazzi had smashed that evening. He could not sleep, he was so distraught over missing his spider. I told him I was sure he would find another spider soon. He said between sobs, that he had been looking for along time and he still hadn't foudn one. I told him that he could say a prayer anda sk to please help him find a spider. He told me taht he had alraedy said a prayer and had still not foudn one. I assured him taht he would find antoehr spider and that sometiems we have to be aptient when we wait for our prayers to be answered. I gave him a huga dn snuggled him a bit (he's getting olde nough taht I have to take advantage of these moments when he wants to snuggle whene ver I can get them) then asked if he was ok. He said he was ok but he was going to keep looking for a spider. I went back to bed, it was five in the morning afterall. Later, when Matt woke up he went outside to help Ashton look for a spioder and they found one! A nasty wolf spider. I hate spiders, but I was still happy taht he was able to catch another spider pet. He named him wofly and kept him 2 days before letting him go.

Our family is quite sensitve to bugs and otehr creatures lives. Tera and Mazzi love rollie pollies. One day Matt madbe the mistake of telling Tera that he was going to spray for bugs and taht it would kill all of them. Tera started crying and got so sad thinking ofalll the rollie pollies taht would die. She went around saving as many as she could in a little bucket before he spraeyd. Then teh day he sprayed she went around looking at all rollie pollies and was a little sad until we talked about how theyw ere in rollie pollie heaven. This idea made her giggle and she recovered. I love these little bug loving kiddos of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment