Friday, June 24, 2011

Rattlesnake walk

On Sunday afternoon the Ashley and I took the kids out to Santa Roseau plateau to take a nice little Sunday walk. When we got to a dead tree my kids went off to climb on it. Right when I put Mazzi down I heard the chilling sound of a Rattle snake rattle. Ashley and I both looked nervously at each other wondering if it was indeed a rattlesnake that we heard. Then a second later we heard several more rattles. We g0t the kids back on the trail quickly and decided to be brave and finish up the walk.

Along the walk we hear several more rattles, one was so close that I got goosebumps. I do not like snakes! Especially poisonous ones. We made our way back to the car quickly after that, keeping the kids within arms length for the rest of the walk.

1 comment: